Friday, June 1, 2012

A Brief Introduction

As many of you know, I am leaving Monday, June 4th on a journey to Tanzania with the Peace Corps. After a brief staging event in Philadelphia, I will make my way to Tanzania by way of Johannesburg, South Africa. I will fly into Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, where I will spend the first three days during orientation. Afterwards, I will travel to the city of Morogoro, where I will spend the following three months learning the language (Kiswahili), job training, and otherwise learning what is necessary to have a successful stay in Tanzania. I will live with a host family for these three months as I adjust to the way of life there. Finally, I will learn the location of my work site, where I will spend the next two years as I teach biology. There are many unknowns at this point, many of which relate to the frequency of communication. I will do my best to keep you all up to date on my experience. I would like to thank you all for your support, and I will try to give an update as soon as I can.

                                                 -Matthew


2 comments:

  1. We will definitely keep in touch this way and will enjoy reading and responding to your posts. This is going to be a wonderful experience for you. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck- I was thinking about you today! What a great life journey you are embarking upon :)

    ReplyDelete